DrLudicrous' Domain of Dementia

A glimpse into the inner workings of a watch missing one too many cogs. Prepare yourself for time dilation.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Karaoke King for a Week

So last week I won a karaoke contest. First off, I want to thank the one, the only, the unforgettable Barry Manilow:



Barry, thanks for being you. You are an inspiration to many of us, and your fashion sense rivals Liberace's. And you won me a free Zeno's t-shirt. What more can I ask of a guy I've never even met? What a pal!

What song did I sing? Why, Copacabana, of course! It's a crowd-pleaser. This was a big improvement over my lounge singer version of "The Pusher" by Steppenwolf. All those "Goddamns" being crooned out in a cheesy imitation of Wayne Newton can get on the audience's nerves. I seem to do best when imitating actual lounge singers. Of course, I still think my best all-time performance was Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice Baby", in the style of Dick Cheese.

Dick, who?

Richard "Dick" Cheese and Lounge Against the Machine, that's who.
+ = ???

Now that's a class act. If this whole physics thing doesn't work out, maybe I can go to Vegas and belt out "Bust a Move" a la Sinatra.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous mark said…

    his album titles are hilarious.

    and The Pusher in lounge style?
    you madman.

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Anonymous debt consolidation said…

    Hello friends! Thanks for having me on your great blog today. Blogger is blessed to have you on board! Music is the future! But, do you as a music lover need free debt consolidation? Well, look no further. I help you for free my friend. I have tried and tested all sites But, the best was debt-consolidation.com. So, let me help you. Fill in the form today for free. And be debt free. Get credit repair today!

     
  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you taken the right vitamin lately? Is your body answering that question right now? Shocking truth about why this whole food vitamin has set a new standard! This can improve your quality of life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home